Thomas Saunders Net Worth
The estimated Net Worth of Thomas A Saunders is at least $275 Million dollars as of 11 October 2019. Mr. Saunders owns over 1,000 units of Dollar Tree stock worth over $262,768,008 and over the last 16 years he sold DLTR stock worth over $12,194,240. In addition, he makes $310,000 as Independent Director at Dollar Tree.
Mr. Saunders DLTR stock SEC Form 4 insider trading
Thomas has made over 49 trades of the Dollar Tree stock since 2011, according to the Form 4 filled with the SEC. Most recently he sold 1,000 units of DLTR stock worth $116,200 on 11 October 2019.
The largest trade he’s ever made was selling 33,750 units of Dollar Tree stock on 4 December 2017 worth over $3,588,975. On average, Thomas trades about 2,621 units every 16 days since 2003. As of 11 October 2019 he still owns at least 2,380,145 units of Dollar Tree stock.
You can see the complete history of Mr. Saunders stock trades at the bottom of the page.
Thomas Saunders biography
Thomas A. Saunders, III, is Independent Director of Dollar Tree Inc. He has been Lead Director and Chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee of VitalConnect since 2013. Previously Director for Hibbett Sports serving on the Audit, Nominating and Corporate Governance, and Compensation Committees(1996 to 2016), Trustee and Chairman of the Heritage Foundation ( 2005 to 2018), Chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee for Teavana Holdings(2011 to 2012), Member of the Board of Visitors of the University of Virginia; Chairman of the Finance Committee(2001 to 2005), Managing Director of Morgan Stanley & Co., leading its Capital Markets Group, managing its Syndicate Department and serving as Chairman of its Leveraged Equity Fund II (“MSLEF II”) (1974 to 1989), Lead Independent Director, Dollar Tree (2007 to 2019). Mr. Saunders holds a BSEE from Virginia Military Institute and an MBA from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
What is the salary of Thomas Saunders?
As the Independent Director of Dollar Tree, the total compensation of Thomas Saunders at Dollar Tree is $310,000. There are 6 executives at Dollar Tree getting paid more, with Bob Sasser having the highest compensation of $10,988,300.
How old is Thomas Saunders?
Thomas Saunders is 82, he’s been the Independent Director of Dollar Tree since 2019. There are no older and 22 younger executives at Dollar Tree.
What’s Thomas Saunders’s mailing address?
Thomas’s mailing address filed with the SEC is 500 VOLVO PARKWAY, , CHESAPEAKE, VA, 23320.
Insider trading at Dollar Tree
Over the last 16 years, insiders at Dollar Tree have traded over $137,228,789 worth of Dollar Tree stock and bought 113,243 units worth $7,359,883 . The most active insider traders include John F Megrue, Bob Sasser, and Macon F Jr Brock. On average, Dollar Tree executives and independent directors trade stock every 13 days with the average trade being worth of $1,341,750. The most recent stock trade was executed by Thomas A Saunders on 11 October 2019, trading 1,000 units of DLTR stock currently worth $116,200.
What does Dollar Tree do?
Dollar Tree, Inc. owns and operates discount variety stores offering merchandise at the fixed prices. It operates through Dollar Tree and Family Dollar segments. The company offers selection of everyday basic products and its supplement these basic, everyday items with seasonal, closeout and promotional merchandise. The merchandise mix consists of three types: Consumable, Variety categories and Seasonal merchandise. The Consumable merchandise includes candy and food, health and beauty care, and household consumables such as paper, plastics and household chemicals and in select stores, frozen and refrigerated food. The Variety categories merchandise includes toys, durable house wares, gifts, party goods, greeting cards, soft lines and other items. The Seasonal goods include Easter, Halloween and Christmas merchandise. Dollar Tree was founded by J. Douglas Perry and Macon F. Brock, Jr. in 1986 and is headquartered in Chesapeake, VA.
Complete history of Mr. Saunders stock trades at Dollar Tree and Hibbett Sports
Dollar Tree executives and stock owners
Dollar Tree executives and other stock owners filed with the SEC include:
- Bob Sasser, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Gary Philbin, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Duncan Mac Naughton, President – Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
- Robert Rudman, Chief Global Products Officer
- Kevin Wampler, Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Witynski, President, Chief Operating Officer of Dollar Tree Stores
- Thomas Saunders, Independent Director
- Stephanie Stahl, Independent Director
- Conrad Hall, Independent Director
- Thomas Whiddon, Independent Director
- Arnold Barron, Independent Director
- Jeffrey Naylor, Independent Director
- Lemuel Lewis, Independent Director
- Carl Zeithaml, Independent Director
- Gregory Bridgeford, Lead Independent Director
- Thomas Dickson, Independent Director
- THOMAS O’BOYLE, Chief Operating Officer of Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
- Betty Click, Chief Human Resource Officer
- Randy Guiler, Vice President, Investor Relations
- Carrie Wheeler, Independent Director
- William Old, Chief Legal Officer
- Gary Maxwell, Chief Supply Chain Officer
- David Jacobs, Chief Strategy Officer
- Joshua Jewett, Chief Information Officer
- Mary Anne Citrino, Director
- Mike R. Matacunas, Chief Administrative Officer
- H Ray Compton, Director
- J Douglas Perry, Director
- Brian D. Hancock, Chief Supply Chain Officer
- Barry W Sullivan, Executive Vice President
- Jason S Reiser, Executive VP of Family Dollar
- Howard R Levine, CEO of Family Dollar Stores
- Stephen W White, Chief Logisitcs Officer
- James A. Paisley, Chief Information Officer
- Raymond K Hamilton, Chief Information Officer
- James E Fothergill, Chief People Officer
- Eileen R Scott, Director
- Richard G Lesser, Director
- John F Megrue, Director
- Michael A Saltzer, Sr. VP, New Business
- Kathleen E Mallas, VP Controller
- Kent A Kleeberger, Chief Financial Officer
- Alan L Wurtzel, Director
- James A Iii Gorry, Gen. Counsel, Corp. Secretary
- Alan Wurtzel, Director
- Macon F Jr Brock, Chief Executive Officer
- Frederick C Coble, Chief Financial Officer