Nelson Chan Net Worth
The estimated Net Worth of Nelson C Chan is at least $2.25 Million dollars as of 12 August 2019. Mr. Chan owns over 6,000 units of Synaptics stock worth over $1,808,737 and over the last 13 years he sold SYNA stock worth over $132,356. In addition, he makes $312,866 as Executive Chairman of the Board at Synaptics.
Mr. Chan SYNA stock SEC Form 4 insider trading
Nelson has made over 11 trades of the Synaptics stock since 2013, according to the Form 4 filled with the SEC. Most recently he exercised 6,000 units of SYNA stock worth $138,960 on 12 August 2019.
The largest trade he’s ever made was exercising 37,500 units of Synaptics stock on 15 May 2013 worth over $663,375. On average, Nelson trades about 1,866 units every 35 days since 2007. As of 12 August 2019 he still owns at least 39,449 units of Synaptics stock.
You can see the complete history of Mr. Chan stock trades at the bottom of the page.
Nelson Chan biography
Nelson C. Chan is an Executive Chairman of the Board of the Company. From December 2006 until August 2008, Mr. Chan served as the Chief Executive Officer of Magellan Corporation, a leader in the consumer, survey, GIS, and OEM GPS navigation and positioning markets. From 1992 through 2006, Mr. Chan served in various senior management positions with SanDisk Corporation, a global leader in flash memory cards, including most recently as Executive Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Business. From 1983 to 1992, Mr. Chan held marketing and engineering positions at Chips and Technologies, Signetics, and Delco Electronics. Mr. Chan is Chairman of the Board of Directors of Outerwall Inc., a NASDAQ Global Select Market-listed company, which is a provider of automated retail solutions offering convenient services that make life easier for consumers and drive incremental traffic and revenue for retailers, the Lead Independent Director of Adesto Technologies low-power memory solutions, and a member of the Board of Directors and a member of the Audit Committee of Deckers Outdoor Corporation, a footwear, apparel and accessories designer and distributor. Mr. Chan was a member of the Board of Directors of Silicon Laboratories, Inc., a NASDAQ Global Select Market-listed company, which is a fabless, analog-intensive mixed-signal semiconductor company from 2007 to 2010, and a member of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Audit Committee and member of the Compensation Committee of Affymetrix, a company which developed, manufactured and sold products and services for genetic analysis to the life science research and clinical healthcare markets from 2010 to 2016, prior to its acquisition by Thermo Fisher. Mr. Chan also currently serves on the Boards of Directors of several private companies. Mr. Chan holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of California at Santa Barbara and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Santa Clara University
What is the salary of Nelson Chan?
As the Executive Chairman of the Board of Synaptics, the total compensation of Nelson Chan at Synaptics is $287,131. There are 3 executives at Synaptics getting paid more, with Alex Wong having the highest compensation of $2,001,790.
How old is Nelson Chan?
Nelson Chan is 56, he’s been the Executive Chairman of the Board of Synaptics since 2019. There are 9 older and 2 younger executives at Synaptics. The oldest executive at Synaptics, Inc. is Richard Sanquini, 83, who is the Independent Director.
What’s Nelson Chan’s mailing address?
Nelson’s mailing address filed with the SEC is 1251 MCKAY DRIVE, , SAN JOSE, CA, 95131.
Insider trading at Synaptics
Over the last 16 years, insiders at Synaptics have traded over $56,254,342 worth of Synaptics stock. The most active insider traders include Francis F Lee, Russell J Knittel, and Rick Bergman. On average, Synaptics executives and independent directors trade stock every 22 days with the average trade being worth of $679,545. The most recent stock trade was executed by James L Whims on 24 October 2019, trading 6,000 units of SYNA stock currently worth $138,960.
What does Synaptics do?
Synaptics, Inc. engages in the development, marketing, and sale of human interface semiconductor solutions for electronic devices and products. It specializes in custom-designed human interface that enable people to interact with mobile computing, communications, entertainment, and other electronic devices. It operates through the following geographical segments: China, Japan, United States, South Korea, Taiwan, and Other. The company was founded by Federico Faggin and Carver A. Mead in March 1986 and is headquartered in San Jose, CA.
What does Synaptics’s logo look like?
Complete history of Mr. Chan stock trades at Adesto Technologies, Silicon Laboratories, Socket Mobile, Synaptics, Deckers Outdoor, and Twist Bioscience
Synaptics executives and stock owners
Synaptics executives and other stock owners filed with the SEC include:
- Alex Wong, Executive Officer
- Hing Chung Wong, Senior Vice President – World Wide Operations
- Francis Lee, Independent Director
- Nelson Chan, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Keith Geeslin, Lead Independent Director
- James Whims, Independent Director
- Jeffrey Buchanan, Independent Director
- Richard Sanquini, Independent Director
- Russell Knittel, Independent Director
- Jennifer Jarman, Investor Relations Officer
- Mark Wadlington, Senior Vice President – Worldwide Sales
- Kiva Allgood, Independent Director
- Saleel Awsare, General Manager – Internet of Things Division
- Shawn Liu, Vice President and General Manager – PC Division
- John McFarland, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Kermit Nolan, Corporate Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer and Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Dean Warren Butler, See Remarks
- Michael E. Hurlston, See remarks below
- Huibert J. Verhoeven, See Remarks
- Wajid Ali, Senior VP and CFO
- Kevin D Barber, See Remarks Below
- Rick Bergman, President and CEO
- Ritu Favre, See Remarks
- Scott Deutsch, SVP of Sales
- Bretton Sewell, Sr. VP, Corporate Development
- Yu Lun Richard Lu, SVP & GM, Mobile Division
- Mark N Vena, Vice President
- Stan A Jr Swearingen, Senior Vice President
- Kathleen A Bayless, Senior Vice President
- David B Long, VP WW Sales & Corp. Marketing
- Joseph D Montalbo, Senior Vice President
- Gopal K Garg, Senior Vice President
- Thomas J Tiernan, Senior Vice President/GM
- Dell William Ronald Van, Director
- Federico Faggin, Director
- Shawn P Phd Day, VP of Research and Development
- Thomas D Spade, VP of Worldwide Sales
- William T Phd Stacy, Vice President of Operations
- Clark F Foy, Vice President of Marketing
- David T Mckinnon, VP of System Silicon
- Donald E Kirby, Sr VP & Gen Manager PC Product
- Jon R Stone, Vice President