Telcos says a new safeguard will help prevent sim card hijacking – where someone contacts Spark, Vodafone or 2degrees, pretending to be you, then takes control of your mobile phone number – then uses it to aid identity theft or fraud.
The Herald has been highlighting the problem of sim card hijacking since 2019. In March 2020, Cert NZ director Rob Pope said around 10 Kiwis had been victims of the crime of the past year.
Pope warned the public that because it gives a hacker such pervasive control…
Sim card hijacking: Telcos finally put safeguard in place – New Zealand Herald
Share this article
More News

State of Crypto Perpetuals Report 2026
May 23, 2026



Letter to the Editor: Crypto Currency Scams
May 23, 2026


